Why do I need Facebook or Social Media for my business?
Answer: You do not exist to the Y generation
Create the hub for your business on Facebook
Your Facebook Page makes your business:
- Discoverable: When people search for you on Facebook, they’ll be able to find you.
- Connected: Have one-on-one conversations with your customers, who can like your Page, read your posts and share them with friends, and check in when they visit.
- Timely: Your Page can help you reach large groups of people frequently, with messages tailored to their needs and interests.
- Insightful: Analytics on your Page will give you a deeper understanding of your customers and your marketing activities
When you set up your Page, you can request a web address like “facebook.com/yourgreatcompany,” which makes it easy to find. To maximize the impact, include this address on your business card, website and other marketing materials.
Remember: your Page is an extension of your business. It’s an easy way to share updates and more with the people who matter most. It’s ready to help you engage your customers on desktop and on mobile.
Think about who you’d like to meet, and introduce yourself
Not only can you reach more people through Facebook, you can reach the specific people who are most likely to become your customers.
To help you connect, consider:
- What do your ideal customers have in common?
- How old are they, and where do they live?
- How can your business help them?
- Would one group be more interested in specific messages, products or services? A sale or a timely offer?
To build your audience, encourage your current customers and supporters to like your Facebook Page. They’re the people most likely to see your posts in their News Feed. Also explore the options under the Build Audience button:
- Invite your friends: Let the people in your life know about your Page so they can support you by liking it. This initial audience helps you establish credibility and spread the word right away.
- Share your Page—and be sure to like it yourself. Be a spokesperson for your business.
- Invite your businesses contacts: Upload a list to send people an email so they know about your new Page.
Remember: it’s not about the number of likes. It’s more important to genuinely connect with the people you engage with on Facebook. If you do, they’ll help tell your story.
Make your business come alive on Facebook
As you post updates, photos and more, think about what your customers find interesting and inspiring. Experiment with different kinds of posts. Does your audience love photos or prefer when you share useful links? You’ll find out quickly by looking at your Facebook Page Insights.
- Be authentic: Share what you’re genuinely excited about and your customers will be excited too.
- Be responsive: When people comment on your posts, show that your business is listening and that you care. If you need more time to answer a question, let them know you’re looking into it.
- Be consistent: The more regularly you post, the more opportunity you have for connecting with people and building trust. Setting a schedule for your posts can also help maximize your team’s time.
- Do what works: Replicate your success on posts that get more engagement.
Make successful posts into successful promotions: When you notice that a post is getting a lot of engagement, promote it to reach even more people. When people like, comment on or share your posts, their friends are also eligible to see those posts in News Feed.
Remember: Your recipe for success is to create Page posts and ads that are interesting and valuable to your customers—and to target your messages so the right people see them.
Connect with more people who matter to your business
You can use Facebook Ads to raise awareness, stay connected and drive sales. Boost your posts so more people will see them, or create targeted ads for different audiences based on their location, interests and more. You can set your budget and measure the results of every ad. You can create an ad right from the admin panel of your Page to engage more people, or you can use the ad create tool. Once you’ve built a community around your Page, use the ad create tool to target your ads to reach the friends of the people who already like your Page. Be specific about the audiences for different ads. You can create sets of ads to connect with different target audiences. People are more likely to respond to a message crafted just for them. To make sure your ads look great wherever they’re seen on Facebook, you can see the Facebook Ads guide for detailed specifications like image dimensions.
Add a private list of your current customers to Facebook using custom audiences and then use lookalike audiences in the Ad Create tool to find other people who are similar to them. When you create an ad using the ad create tool, use “interest targeting” to reach people who already like or have a connection to other things on Facebook that are similar to what you’re offering. Remember: you can maximize the return on your investment by creating ads for specific audiences.Find out what’s working well, so you can maximize the impact of every post and ad
Facebook has a lot of different tools to help you measure how you’re doing. Your Page Insights will keep you up to date on activity on your Facebook Page. Use Page Insights to understand who responds to your messages. Make sure to look at the gender, age and location of the people who are the most engaged with your business so you can continue to engage them through targeted ads and promoted posts. When you create your ads, try out different images and headlines to see what works. Facebook will automatically optimize your campaign so that more of your budget goes to the ad that’s performing the best. Ask how people heard about you—at the end of a call, in a survey, or at the point of sale—and keep track of what they say. It will supplement the data Facebook’s tools provide. Remember: marketing your business is all about helping you achieve your goals.